Patients on long-term medication can order repeat prescriptions in the following ways:
- By telephone – call between 11:00 and 17:00.
- By post – include a stamped addressed envelope if you want it posted back to you.
- By email RepeatPrescription.Z00625@gp.hscni.net
- In person at the surgery, or via the chemist by giving them your re-order form.
- Online - via the link at the top of this page. New users are required to complete a simple registration.
**Please note due COVID-19 prescriptions can ONLY be collected between 4pm and 5pm, alternately you can nominate a pharmacy to collect your prescription for you. To avail of this service please telephone the surgery for more info.**
In all cases 48 hours notice must be given.
The practice has adopted the policy of generic prescribing. In some cases the medicine you receive on prescription will remain as before, but it is possible that there will be a change or alteration in the size and shape of the tablets/capsules. The doctors would like to reassure all patients that the generic substitution has the same biological properties, efficacy, safety and quality as branded medicines. If there are any difficulties with your prescription, please let us know.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.